Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up not using Tower due to their inability to keep track of things.

They refused to honor their pricing for me due to my loan get "approved" after their rates went up, even though I applied an hour before their website updated.

Plus they keep calling me asking for information to complete my membership even though I have told them many times, your new 9% rate is a joke. 🙄
So Tower is out of the question now? No good rates?

After (trying to) working with Tower, Armco was a breeze. Submitted a loan app and then membership app online the next day. Everything happened online without any calls. Took a week start to finish to get everything done, when you grant them Monday being a bank holiday. Today I got my docs and say a mistake where GAP wasn’t added, put a message on my portal, and 90 minutes later got new docs. A few hours later, got notice the payoff has been sent.

The big plus for me is I did NOT need to chase or follow up with folks. They may not have immediately responded, but they would respond quickly vs. leaving messages for my loan processor and 10 days later still not hearing a thing.
Any gotchas with armco?

This may be a silly question…but did you set your insurance to start right away? Got my VIN and ETA of 3/6-3/13 so set up my progressive policy to start 3/6. Can’t find the documents anywhere in my online account to upload to Tower. Thanks in advance.
I took progressive too. Start from today and you can the car added to the policy within minutes. Upload it to tower

Any gotchas with armco?
They recent got slammed with auto loan request due to their rates. At the bottom of their website, it now says it would be up to 3-4 weeks before a loan is approved. If you dont have a EDD really soon, and have time to wait, id start the process. If you need one within a week, youll have to do a lot of phone tag to get it processed quickly.

Reactions: imperialhippy
Reactions: qpalzm
When did you submit the loan application? I have same status as you for membership. Loan status is pending

I finally got the loan approved and on the way to be paid to Wells Fargo. I applied on 1/17, took delivery of car on 2/4 and used Tesla finance. Changed my loan to refinance, had to call every other day for the loan officer to do something. I called yesterday and all they had to was send me a docusign that the lazy loan officer had it sitting for over 4-5 days..had to wait on hold for an hour to speak to a manager..I see loan show up in towerfcu but not paid off yet in Wells Fargo

LAFCU gives the same auto loan rates as the others here
The lowest rate i see them offering is 5.99% which is higher than what Armco CU is offering.

What is a good rate for an auto loan from a CU nowadays. I know Tower was all the rave but that ended like 2 weeks ago.
Right now the best that has been posted lately is Armco CU. They have rates that destroy all the local CU near me. They average near 5%.
1677269622236.png

Reactions: StoXto3toY
The lowest rate i see them offering is 5.99% which is higher than what Armco CU is offering.

Right now the best that has been posted lately is Armco CU. They have rates that destroy all the local CU near me. They average near 5%.
View attachment 910859
I’ve been pleasantly surprised with Armco, but I submitted my stuff just as they were first shared around here, so they weren’t slammed yet. 1.99% refi check was mailed yesterday :)

Tower sent the check to Tesla today.
I got the VIN Tuesday morning , sent the P.O., POA and insurance same day. My loan approved yesterday, check sent today. Pick is on 3/1.

Key is use the message system to message. Use words like humbly, kindly, please etc. and they will do super fast. Again this is my experience with Tower.

You must be really lucky then. I only used their message system in the beginning but i still haven't gotten final approval. It's been 4 weeks.

You must be really lucky then. I only used their message system in the beginning but i still haven't gotten final approval. It's been 4 weeks.
I’ve been approved and had my savings & checking account opened for almost three weeks now with no replies to the messaging system or phone calls. Everything was approved and uploaded, they just needed to send me the docs to eSign and to mail a check. Turned around and Armco started and finished in the time I’ve been waiting on Tower to send me the docs to sign.

For what its worth, I have purchased 4 Teslas with my local CU, University Federal Credit Union. They are always easy to work with, but today really takes the cake.

The same day I purchased my 5th Tesla, 2/3, I submitted an APP to Tower..I won't bore you all with the details but its gone NOWHERE. Hours on old, many emails, messages in the portal, all of it and now, 21 days or 3 weeks later I have NOTHING to show for it.

My delivery date is 3/3, so rather than create a problem for myself, I applied online at my good ole UFCU. Approval, 60 seconds. Followed by a phone call 12 minutes later to discuss rates, GAP etc.. and ask for my MVPA, 10 min after that docusign in my email, and 5 min after signing those, email that loan has been funded via ACH to Tesla. So literally, 30 mins to wrap the whole thing up...not the best rate, but hey I;'ll take it for now and see what happens. 4.4% on 48mo.

For what its worth, I have purchased 4 Teslas with my local CU, University Federal Credit Union. They are always easy to work with, but today really takes the cake.

The same day I purchased my 5th Tesla, 2/3, I submitted an APP to Tower..I won't bore you all with the details but its gone NOWHERE. Hours on old, many emails, messages in the portal, all of it and now, 21 days or 3 weeks later I have NOTHING to show for it.

My delivery date is 3/3, so rather than create a problem for myself, I applied online at my good ole UFCU. Approval, 60 seconds. Followed by a phone call 12 minutes later to discuss rates, GAP etc.. and ask for my MVPA, 10 min after that docusign in my email, and 5 min after signing those, email that loan has been funded via ACH to Tesla. So literally, 30 mins to wrap the whole thing up...not the best rate, but hey I;'ll take it for now and see what happens. 4.4% on 48mo.
I mean if rate wasn't important, going through Tesla is the easiest option. It's 100% automated throughout the entire process.