Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crowdfund to lobby politicians in favor of Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
came across this. it looks similar to kickstarter I guess

Fund Elevator - End Tesla Ban in NJ

not sure how legit it is. never heard of this site before. not sure who started this crowdfund either. I'd like to see more data on this...but I really like the concept. it seems the actions of a few people (those NOT resprenting the best interests of the public) with deep pockets are the ones driving the lobbying efforts against Tesla and individually trying to fight back against them is impossible. however, it's very clear from this poll Poll: Should companies like Tesla be allowed to sell electric cars directly to customers NJ? | NJ.com that WE THE PEOPLE are in favor of the direct sales model.

what ever happened to a "Government of the people, by the people, for the people?" ?? certainly those lobbying the politicians against Tesla are not representing the majority of public interest. they are only protecting THEIR OWN interest, THEIR OWN monopolies and this needs to stop. They argue that dealerships are there to protect the consumer but that is very much untrue as many, if not all, of us have never had a positive experience at a dealership. They argue that a manufacturer is not capable of dealing with consumers and repairs and recalls. But they are very wrong. They are not thinking outside the box. Tesla has proven that it is very much possible for a manufacturer to be capable of doing this. And they are doing a damn good job at it. Better than any dealership I've ever had experience with.

Crowdfunding for lobbying politicians in FAVOR of Tesla and the direct sales model might actually be the best damn idea I've heard to date to fix this antiquated broken system. As an individual our voices are swallowed up by the money of dealership unions. But standing together as a group, I believe we can outfund any union, and lobby politicians that actually do represent the best interests of the public. I applaud the person who started this crowdfund. I think the idea is sound. I want to know more. I never never really donated to a crowdfund before. I don't even get involved with politics. Hell I'm 33 yrs old and I'm not even registered to vote. But lobbying politicians to block Tesla from selling their car directly is stifling new innovation and it just plain wrong on so many levels. In the end it hurts both the business and the consumers. We should be teaching our children to support innovative ideas and thinking outside the box. They should not just sit back and accept defeat. We need to set an example for our children and fight for the true interests of the public. I will support any crowdfund effort to help Tesla Motors achieve their goals.

I agree with you, this is a creative idea. I haven't heard of People's PAC, the creator of this fundraiser. If it's legitimate, I'm for it!

not sure how legit it is. never heard of this site before. not sure who started this crowdfund either. I'd like to see more data on this...but I really like the concept. it seems the actions of a few people (those NOT resprenting the best interests of the public) with deep pockets are the ones driving the lobbying efforts against Tesla and individually trying to fight back against them is impossible. however, it's very clear from this poll Poll: Should companies like Tesla be allowed to sell electric cars directly to customers NJ? | NJ.com that WE THE PEOPLE are in favor of the direct sales model.

what ever happened to a "Government of the people, by the people, for the people?" ?? certainly those lobbying the politicians against Tesla are not representing the majority of public interest. they are only protecting THEIR OWN interest, THEIR OWN monopolies and this needs to stop. They argue that dealerships are there to protect the consumer but that is very much untrue as many, if not all, of us have never had a positive experience at a dealership. They argue that a manufacturer is not capable of dealing with consumers and repairs and recalls. But they are very wrong. They are not thinking outside the box. Tesla has proven that it is very much possible for a manufacturer to be capable of doing this. And they are doing a damn good job at it. Better than any dealership I've ever had experience with.

Crowdfunding for lobbying politicians in FAVOR of Tesla and the direct sales model might actually be the best damn idea I've heard to date to fix this antiquated broken system. As an individual our voices are swallowed up by the money of dealership unions. But standing together as a group, I believe we can outfund any union, and lobby politicians that actually do represent the best interests of the public. I applaud the person who started this crowdfund. I think the idea is sound. I want to know more. I never never really donated to a crowdfund before. I don't even get involved with politics. Hell I'm 33 yrs old and I'm not even registered to vote. But lobbying politicians to block Tesla from selling their car directly is stifling new innovation and it just plain wrong on so many levels. In the end it hurts both the business and the consumers. We should be teaching our children to support innovative ideas and thinking outside the box. They should not just sit back and accept defeat. We need to set an example for our children and fight for the true interests of the public. I will support any crowdfund effort to help Tesla Motors achieve their goals.

There is no way any group of consumers can compete financially with the auto dealer lobby. Even if there is a transient spike in donations for the opposite viewpoint politicians know they won't have staying power. Consumers just don't have the financial interest in this that the dealers have. It's like any special interest-- a few companies that care intensely about an issue which affects their livelihood will usually get the results it wants because while their opponents are much more numerous they just don't have the intensity of interest in the issue if it's not a matter of life or death for them.

Most politicians are honest, meaning when they're bought they stay bought. State legislators have been bought by the auto dealer lobby for decades. It would cost them dearly to vote against the lobby. Not only would they lose the auto dealer contributions, they stand to lose contributions from allied lobbies such as the liquor distributors. The only way we can compete is not to try to outspend the lobby, but to make it too embarrassing for a legislator to vote with the lobby. As Justice Brandeis said, "sunshine is the best disinfectant".

One way to cast sunshine on this may be to mount a tongue-in-cheek campaign to get states to ban computer manufacturers from selling direct to the public. Ban the Apple Store! Demand logical consistency-- either manufacturers can sell their products to the public or they can't.

This is a cool idea for a campaign, but Fund Elevator is an obscure site in Beta so it's not likely to get much attention.

i wonder if some variation might be set up on Kickstarter or one of the other prominent crowd funding sites?

The ideas for various merch at different contribution levels is fine. What's not clear is what they are going to do with the money they raise. That needs more thought and transparency.

Much of the idea is just to attract viral attention, but I think that means a better thought out project plan and running the campaign on a major site.

One way to cast sunshine on this may be to mount a tongue-in-cheek campaign to get states to ban computer manufacturers from selling direct to the public.
I'd like a tongue-in-cheek campaign to get states to ban politicians from selling their votes directly to special interests. But I guess that's just me.