Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck clearance / identification / id marker lights (lamps)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is something that bothers me a lot recently. I’ve watched quite a few YouTubes and nobody mentions the lack of top side marker and id marker lights. I don’t personally care about the roof markers, but I’d like to know if the CT falls under some exception for “not high enough vehicle” or something else. Or maybe they will wait until NHTSA issues a recall ;)
I found online these resources:

FMVSS no108
FMVSS no108 lab test procedure

The short version says “if the vehicle is wider than 80 inches it needs identification lights ‘the three in the center”. CT is wider than 80 inches even without the side mirrors.

So this is something that bothers me a lot recently. I’ve watched quite a few YouTubes and nobody mentions the lack of top side marker and id marker lights. I don’t personally care about the roof markers, but I’d like to know if the CT falls under some exception for “not high enough vehicle” or something else. Or maybe they will wait until NHTSA issues a recall ;)
I found online these resources:

FMVSS no108
FMVSS no108 lab test procedure

The short version says “if the vehicle is wider than 80 inches it needs identification lights ‘the three in the center”. CT is wider than 80 inches even without the side mirrors.
The CT is 79.9 inches wide, intentionally.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200