Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybex SensorSafe - Anyone able to fit the device on a Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just got one of the new Cybex Sirona S car seats with the SensorSafe technology. The Model S is listed as a car that it has limited functionality on, which implies that it should work in some capacity. Because of where the ODB port is, or how it is angled, we weren't able to plug the dongle into the ODB port.

I'm throwing this out there in hopes of finding out of someone else has successfully managed to do so on a model S. (I believe all of the Cybex carseats with SensorSafe use the same dongle, so the Sirona M would work the same.)

Mine is a 2015.

From their website:
LIMITED FUNCTIONALITY
SensorSafe relies on information from your vehicles OBD2 port indicating if the car is STARTED, MOVING or STOPPED. The types of vehicles below do not transmit this information, resulting in some changes in functionality:

• Fully electric vehicles (Examples: Tesla, Nissan Leaf, Chevrolet Bolt/Volt)
    • Tesla Model 3 – an OBD to 12V adaptor is required, as this vehicle has no OBD port
  • Plug in Hybrid Vehicles (Example: Toyota Prius)
  • Vehicles older than 2008
Child Alone alerts using the SensorSafe app are available in all vehicles. Only the following changes to functionality will apply to fully electric, plug-In hybrids & vehicles older than 2008.