Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daily Driver Model 3s... PPF vs Ceramic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up my 22 Model 3 Performance this week in Deep Blue. I drive a lot for work yearly (20,000 miles) and debating doing PPF this time around. I do use the auto car wash as my car gets very dirty with the commute and I'd be spending $100 a week on touch frees.

For those who drive a lot, is the $2K front PPF really worth it? I deal with bad winters in NY and wondering if maybe ceramic coat is a better value a couple times a year.

I keep reading how "horrible Tesla paint is".

I wanted to at least do the front our our 2021 M 3, but she did not want to spend the money. Every thing was ok until she let a gravel truck put in front of her on the freeway. 10-15 major chips.
PPF the front of your car at least.

Front PPF for sure, ceramic won't even come close if you want protection from rocks. I'd also get a patch on the rockers in front of the rear wheels where the body flares.

I'm 110k into my front PPF, and it still looks pretty ok except where really large rocks put a small hole in it, and where I lifted a corner with the pressure washer.

Bonus that you can handwash PPF without worry about scratches either.