Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas TX electrical requirements add PW3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have ordered 2 powerwall 3's from Tesla and currently have been in design phase for 4 1/2 weeks. I called a local authorized Tesla solar company and they quoted me $35k for adding 2 powerwalls to my solaredge system. They said I had to replace my electrical panel with a smart panel per City of Dallas. Anyone heard of this? I looked a Dallas code and don't see anything like that. Tesla price was about $22k for 2 PW3's and a gateway installed.

I have ordered 2 powerwall 3's from Tesla and currently have been in design phase for 4 1/2 weeks. I called a local authorized Tesla solar company and they quoted me $35k for adding 2 powerwalls to my solaredge system. They said I had to replace my electrical panel with a smart panel per City of Dallas. Anyone heard of this? I looked a Dallas code and don't see anything like that. Tesla price was about $22k for 2 PW3's and a gateway installed.
Adding is always more expensive than a new install. That is about what I paid for 2 added PW2's