Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashboard water intrusion model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CLPE

Nov 28, 2023
NC
Has anyone experienced water intrusion on the front passenger side from behind the dashboard? I’ve had the Model Y for only a couple months and noticed a sloshing sound and then water on the mat. There was a substantial amount of water coming in. I saw other threads where people mentioned this and they had not posted a fix. They said the car had been in for service numerous times and it still happens. Completely unacceptable! This is a brand new car. I feel the car is now damaged goods and frankly do not even want it. After hours on the phone with Tesla the best they can say is for me to take time off work to drive 1.5 hours away to a service center and then get myself home and have no car. How is a company succeeding like this?!? I never had this much issue with my 18 year old car much less a brand new one.

Has anyone experienced water intrusion on the front passenger side from behind the dashboard? I’ve had the Model Y for only a couple months and noticed a sloshing sound and then water on the mat. There was a substantial amount of water coming in. I saw other threads where people mentioned this and they had not posted a fix. They said the car had been in for service numerous times and it still happens. Completely unacceptable! This is a brand new car. I feel the car is now damaged goods and frankly do not even want it. After hours on the phone with Tesla the best they can say is for me to take time off work to drive 1.5 hours away to a service center and then get myself home and have no car. How is a company succeeding like this?!? I never had this much issue with my 18 year old car much less a brand new one.
CLPE, my 2023 MY (one yr old now) just had this issue. I took it into my Tesla SC describing just what you described, and they fixed it under warranty and gave me a loner MY for an afternoon. They said they found "water ingress behind cowl and performed retrofit. Tested to confirm water ingress no longer present."

This was done today, so I will wait for the next rain to see. In upstate NY we might only get snow in the near term though.