Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam recommendations for AP2 car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In just over 2 months of ownership we have now had 3 muppets hit our car while it was parked. The most recent was this morning and thankfully has only resulted in some fairly mild scuffing but of course they have just b*&*()£ed off without leaving a note.

As I understand it our MS with its AP2 hardware won't support the sentry software - can anyone therefore recommend a good dashcam solution? Are there any that come with batteries rather than having to have them professionally wired into the car?

Thanks.

Had a B1W WiFi dashcam fitted to my previous car and was in 2 minds about fitting it but Tesla has recently improved theirs so don't think I'll be installing now.
Had it hooked up to a powerbank with passthrough charging to solve that issue you have but send me a pm if you're interested.

Thanks - I have just had a look and the Nextbase 522GW seems to be the best reviewed/best value for money. Looking further I found this link showing how to wire a Blackvue Dashcam to the power socket hidden in the little microphone grill on the roof of the MS - BlackVue DR750S-2CH installation in 2017 Tesla Model S

I'd be keen to give this a try (for the front anyway) as it results in a very neat result but this is a US article I think and I wondered if anyone could assist with UK links to the little fusebox and wiring extension the author used to produce the DIY wiring loom to power the dashcam? Thanks