Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Data: Miles per KWh SR+ Maryland Winter Parked outside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
225Wh/mi works out to the EPA-rated range of 250 miles.

That ~225Wh/mi number is for the 240 mile rated SR+ I believe.

In the 2020 with 250 rated miles, my understanding is the rated line is at 218Wh/mi on the Energy screen. This means the charging constant is 213Wh/rmi. And therefore you need to see about 203Wh/mi on the trip meter to see mile for rated mile usage.

So to get 250 miles out of the pack (down to 0%, not using the buffer), you need to get about 203Wh/mi.

Easy enough to verify this.

AlanSubie4Life: 274 Wh/mi over the miles driven. My charger has a 92% efficiency (don’t know what that means). Typical 5 miles drive commute average is about 370 Wh/mi. But that is probably being balanced by some very long drives to get me to 274 Wh/mi.

My charger has a 92% efficiency (don’t know what that means).

Is that from TeslaFi? In any case with the JuiceBox your efficiency should be pretty good. It sounds like you must use a lot of preheating or Sentry mode?

: 274 Wh/mi over the miles driven

That's much lower than I expected. So that would be roughly 743kWh spent driving. (274Wh/mi*2710mi)

I have put in 1,435 KWh and obtained 2,710 miles

So to me, this seems SUPER high, even though there is winter overhead for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if you had used 1.5*743kWh = 1100kWh, but I AM surprised by 1.4MWh.

Are you sure about these numbers? Something seems wrong. It's certainly possible to get to 1.4MWh, but it would take some effort or some unusual circumstance.