Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Data Transmission Module Tesplus iPhone doesn't charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to find out if anyone else has had this problem or if they have solved this problem. I installed a Tesplus data transmission module in my center console (Tesla MYLR 2023 Ryzen). Easy install, had to string a new data cable supplied by seller. All seemed to work out great --The new data port was available on screen and I was able to play MP3 Music files from a thumb drive, watch videos, etc. -- from my center console instead of glovebox. Then low and behold I placed my phone on the phone charger pad and it wasn't charging. tried my other phone, same result, not charging; and tried my wife's phone same result. Hmmmm --- popped open the panel in the center console to get to the data transmission module -- unplugged and plugged original Tesla module without data transmission -- the phones charge. I am waiting to hear back from Tesplus to see if they have a solution -- anyone else have this issue? anyone know a solution beside putting the system back to the OEM module.