Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Days Leading Up to Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I would generally agree with @Impaler, my experience was WAY different. I am glad I called the day before.
As I understand it, the computer assigns your delivery date/time, not a person. So it is based on the assumption the vehicle will be there when it is supposed to off of an algorithm.

I live 75 miles from my delivery center. My wife is a Dr that needs to clear her patient load for going up and signing the documents (joint ownership, both have to be there). Our delivery was originally scheduled for 6/29. I called 6/28 to confirm delivery was the next day. Spoke to person at the local center, they said it wasnt here yet. Had we assumed it was there when it was supposed to be, we both would have had to take the 29th off, drive to Denver, and turn around and go home. The car was stuck in Salt Lake awaiting transport from there to Denver. New delivery date was 7/3. On 7/2 I called. Same thing. Still waiting for deliver. Then 7/6, same thing. Finally I asked for the computer to stop assigning delivery dates and go to a human scheduling it. It finally happened on 7/8.

So, they told me they didnt mind me calling, and I would recommend calling just to be safe.
We just ordered another MY for my wife. You bet I will be calling the day before just to confirm.

While I would generally agree with @Impaler, my experience was WAY different. I am glad I called the day before.
As I understand it, the computer assigns your delivery date/time, not a person. So it is based on the assumption the vehicle will be there when it is supposed to off of an algorithm.

I live 75 miles from my delivery center. My wife is a Dr that needs to clear her patient load for going up and signing the documents (joint ownership, both have to be there). Our delivery was originally scheduled for 6/29. I called 6/28 to confirm delivery was the next day. Spoke to person at the local center, they said it wasnt here yet. Had we assumed it was there when it was supposed to be, we both would have had to take the 29th off, drive to Denver, and turn around and go home. The car was stuck in Salt Lake awaiting transport from there to Denver. New delivery date was 7/3. On 7/2 I called. Same thing. Still waiting for deliver. Then 7/6, same thing. Finally I asked for the computer to stop assigning delivery dates and go to a human scheduling it. It finally happened on 7/8.

So, they told me they didnt mind me calling, and I would recommend calling just to be safe.
We just ordered another MY for my wife. You bet I will be calling the day before just to confirm.

This was my thought process as well. Wife is going with me on Saturday to pick it up so I want to make sure it is really there. We live 60 miles away so knowing it is there before we go would be ideal. I will plan on calling Thursday night to see if it has shown up to see what they say unless I hear from them first.

I had a scheduled delivery for Saturday as well, I called yesterday and they told me everything was on track. I got a call today from my local delivery center and they said the car is still in Chicago waiting for a truck to bring it over and it should arrive Sunday. They scheduled me for Monday at 3pm...crossing fingers this is it! I def say it wouldn't hurt to call them.