Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DC / Northern Virginia area - where to get a MS rear camber kit installed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for a shop that has installed adjustable rear control arm to fix the camber issue in the Model S. I don't want a shop to try it for the first time / learn on my car lol

Has anyone had theirs installed at a shop around the Northern VA / DC area with good results?

BTW I'm going with the N2itive kit...I assume that is the most popular kit?

Speaking of install AND alignment of the kit, I had a bear of a time finding a qualified shop. I found mine by searching for shops that have Hunter 3D (camera) Alignment Machine, as opposed to the cheaper 2D (laser) alignment machines. I used Bruce's Automotive in East Aurora, NY 14052 and they advertised their Hunter machine right on their website. That's quite a drive for you, but hey you might be desperate, plus we all have free supercharging, right? ;)

Make sure they read the installation instructions on N2itive's website first, or show them my condensed version I attached in a Microsoft Word 97 document (it's not PDF, I don't know how to save in PDF, but the website says that .DOC isn't a valid file extension). I had a different shop install my first kit, they didn't read instructions (I forgot too), and they installed the arms in wrong orientations and SEVERELY overtorqued the adjusters and cracked some arms.

Attachments

• TeslaModelS BrucesAutomotivePublic.doc.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
Also, The Electrified Garage in Seabrook, NH specializes in Teslas and was started by the famous Rich Rebuilds from YouTube, I would expect them to have experience with the N2itive kit, I would have tried them if I didn't find Bruce's Automotive.

Not sure they would install aftermarket parts for warranty reasons, or that you'd want them to for warranty reasons. I used PTUNING in Manassas. Experience was a bit of a mess, but ultimately they got it done and now have at least one Plaid under their belt.

• Informative
Reactions: cleverscreenam