Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DCU Auto Loan??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, a little kludgey but it works.... I just had to add my bank account (Yellow) and then Make a payment (Orange). That will transfer from my bank to DCU. I have DD set up, but I'm only moving about 1/2 of my payment each paycheck and it's not yet registered me with "Plus" status for the extra .50% discount. If needed I'll increase and then set auto transfers to come back after each pay period. Not ideal but it would save me about $1500 in finance charges.

View attachment 703791
The problem is I can’t even complete the application process. I don’t have a checking account yet. Stuck in the application can’t move forward until I transfer fund 🤷🏻‍♀️ . I have to call customer service tomorrow and get on the call back list.

From start of application to check in hand was 3 business days with DCU. Don’t forget the 6% on savings account (capped at $1000), but more importantly the 0.5% in checking account with $100,000 cap. At the end of 65 months I’ll have collected more in interest from them than they will from me. PM for referral.

From start of application to check in hand was 3 business days with DCU. Don’t forget the 6% on savings account (capped at $1000), but more importantly the 0.5% in checking account with $100,000 cap. At the end of 65 months I’ll have collected more in interest from them than they will from me. PM for referral.
Yes, but I really think you would do better in the market over 5.4 years with $100k than 0.5%. Not an investor, but just a realist. Unless you require the liquidity.

Edit: Good to know about the 3 days. I still contemplate about Tesla finance and then just re-fi post purchase to keep it simple.

Yes, but I really think you would do better in the market over 5.4 years with $100k than 0.5%. Not an investor, but just a realist. Unless you require the liquidity.

Edit: Good to know about the 3 days. I still contemplate about Tesla finance and then just re-fi post purchase to keep it simple.
Your advice is generally good but it boils down to personal choices/circumstances. I’m a novice investor that self manages some market assets on monthly/quarterly basis and let’s a financial fiduciary manage bigger market asset groups on a daily basis. This is the non-investment liquid asset group that I keep strictly in checking/savings accounts. Not because I require that amount of liquidity but I just don’t want to add more to the other asset groups.

Reactions: OCJeff
Status
Not open for further replies.