Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Debadging Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Frieda’s Boss

Model 3 AWD Silver + Model Y AWD Red
Sep 30, 2018
Vancouver, WA
@ALSETAuto & @JasontheBeaver

It looks like both the trunk and frunk of the Model Y are coming with holes drilled through the metal.

Just wanted to see if you guys had thoughts on if there’s a way to go about debadging Model Y with those holes?

E3BC3450-81FE-43A6-BF6B-586EF75A19AC.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
Definitely a bummer!

We’re still waiting for our Y to be delivered, so I can’t say firsthand about sealant under the badge (I just copied and pasted the above image from the Model Y forum to provide a visual), but I’m with you in that it just looks like double-sided tape residue on the badge, so possibly a leak/drip issue :confused:

Today is June 19, 2020 and I just picked up my Tesla Model Y here in Canada. The T. badge on the rear had a scratch so the service department removed it before delivery. There are no holes. Makes me think that the front also has no holes under it.

Thinking about the badging the dual motor as well as the front today is June 19, 2020 and I just pick up my Tesla model Y here in Canada. The T badge on the rear had a scratch so the service department removed it before delivery. There are no holes. Makes me think that the front also has no holes under it.

Thinking about the badging the "dual motor" badge off the rest back trunk as well as the front T badge.