Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Defogger control [Feature enhancement request]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is great that we can now start the defogger with a single touch. However, it would also be great if we could turn it off with a single touch as well.
Right now, touching the icon once turns the HVAC system on, in the defogger mode. Touching the icon again, the defogger mode switches off , but the system stays on in AC mode. Now, I need to open the system and turn it off (two additional key strokes taking my eyes off the road)

It is great that we can now start the defogger with a single touch. However, it would also be great if we could turn it off with a single touch as well.
Right now, touching the icon once turns the HVAC system on, in the defogger mode. Touching the icon again, the defogger mode switches off , but the system stays on in AC mode. Now, I need to open the system and turn it off (two additional key strokes taking my eyes off the road)
To turn off HVAC (including defog and defrost), just long-press the temperature icon. You can also press the right thumb wheel on the steering wheel to issue a voice command and say "turn off the air" or "turn off HVAC".

It'd be helpful to be able to put just the defroster & defogger in Auto mode rather than wrangle with those controls in bad weather.

Maybe I should give in and go full Auto in such weather. The HVAC seems designed for that but I'm not a fan.

It's even less accommodating for the Off position.