Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery day signing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to understand Delivery Day as it is different than cars we have purchased in the past. If all the financing is done online then what documents do you sign on delivery day that both people have to be present for? My husband is a super traveler for work and hates…yes hates the whole car process so wondering why he even has to be there if financing is done online.

If both names are on the registration doc and appear on the MVPA, then both signatures are needed on the acceptance doc at delivery. No excuses. It’s documented in the Tesla website.

Otherwise, You can get a POA to sign on one’s behalf. Get it worded legally and notarized.

Once you sign the acceptance doc, you will get the key card, pair it to iPhone, inspect the car and note any defects. If you need assistance, the SA can explain the functions to you as well.

You will either get the registration docs with the car or it will be Fedex to your address depending what state you pick up.

If you’re happy, then you just drive off the lot.

Last edited:
I am trying to understand Delivery Day as it is different than cars we have purchased in the past. If all the financing is done online then what documents do you sign on delivery day that both people have to be present for? My husband is a super traveler for work and hates…yes hates the whole car process so wondering why he even has to be there if financing is done online.
You will have to sign doc online, check app. also you can go to tesla.com account and check those docs, odometer, registration etc.

if possible go to tesla delivery center and get delivery. dont plan home delivery. Inspect car thoroughly before signing any documents.

my home delivery experience is super bad...after delivery I noticed issues with the car and now it is in service center. hardly drove car for 10min.....They are now trying to figure out how to fix issues....more than a week now :(

If you see any issues, dont hesitate to cancel delivery. They will provide you new VIN.

Good luck!

We just picked ours up, we signed absolutely zero documents at the dealership.

We did all the signing on the app using esign.

When we got to the dealership, we checked in, the person showed us where the car was parked, we went to the car and I did the visual inspections. After I found a few things, I was told to just set up a service visit on the app and that I had 24 hours or 100 miles, whichever comes second to notate all the nics and issues.

All told, if I didn't do the inspection, would have been out of there in like 15 minutes.