Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery delay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi My estimate delivery is Aug 25- Sept14 but my lease expire in October. How and when and for how long I will be able to delay when they assign VIN number to me? Thanks
Once a VIN has been assigned to you, you’ll be contacted to schedule delivery. After that’s done you’ll have a maximum of 3 days to pickup the car, otherwise the car will be released to someone else and you’ll be put back in the queue.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Once a VIN has been assigned to you, you’ll be contacted to schedule delivery. After that’s done you’ll have a maximum of 3 days to pickup the car, otherwise the car will be released to someone else and you’ll be put back in the queue.
Back in the queue as in, back of the line or will they try to match you again within a few weeks? I've heard reports of people receiving VIN matches shortly after releasing a hold or missing a delivery and it seems like they are pushed to some sort of short list/priority list.

Back in the queue as in, back of the line or will they try to match you again within a few weeks? I've heard reports of people receiving VIN matches shortly after releasing a hold or missing a delivery and it seems like they are pushed to some sort of short list/priority list.
Yes, as in back of the line. For example I was not able to take delivery on March 28th, I was offered a 5 seat white on black model Y on March 30th. I rejected the 5 seat because I wanted a red 7 seat. I finally took delivery on May 28th.

Yes, as in back of the line. For example I was not able to take delivery on March 28th, I was offered a 5 seat white on black model Y on March 30th. I rejected the 5 seat because I wanted a red 7 seat. I finally took delivery on May 28th.
Interesting, your situation is a little less straightforward since it sounds like you may have changed the config. Were you originally scheduled to take delivery of a Red/7 seater on 3/28? The MY7 had a slower rollout after being introduced in late January, so I wonder if that wasn't the biggest factor in the delay.

Interesting, your situation is a little less straightforward since it sounds like you may have changed the config. Were you originally scheduled to take delivery of a Red/7 seater on 3/28? The MY7 had a slower rollout after being introduced in late January, so I wonder if that wasn't the biggest factor in the delay.
I was scheduled to take delivery of a Red/7 seater on 3/28. As far as I know there only one car left at the end of the first quarter at the delivery center. A white/5 seater which they offered, I declined that offer because I needed a 7 seater and they’re too many white Model 3 and Y in New York.

You should expect delivery in the next few weeks, but you might have to accept the Tesla vision screen before you get a VIN.

I was scheduled to take delivery of a Red/7 seater on 3/28. As far as I know there only one car left at the end of the first quarter at the delivery center. A white/5 seater which they offered, I declined that offer because I needed a 7 seater and they’re too many white Model 3 and Y in New York.

You should expect delivery in the next few weeks, but you might have to accept the Tesla vision screen before you get a VIN.
Gotcha, the white MY was a consolation prize they tried to offer you haha.

interesting that they tried to offer you a very different config. Nowadays it seems like inventory vehicles get snatched up immediately.

Reactions: with_raiden
Sadly nobody knows .
My delivery date has been rescheduled 3 times so far. Ordered the refreshed LR S in April. Was posted a September delivery date then post poned 6 weeks to mid to end of October. Was assigned a VN. Vn was then removed now as of yesterday postponed to mid November. So if it even delivers in November as scheduled it will have been 7 1/2 months from when ordered.