Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone ,

First Time Tesla Buyer Here. I Was Suppose To Take Delivery On My New Model Y 7 Seater On September 22nd. Ended Up Having To Reject Tesla Due To Poor Quality Issues. The Tesla Employee Put My Order On Hold Until October 1st. From What I Understand I Was Told The Hold Is So The System Does Not Assign Me The Same VIN Number. It’s Now September 29th , On My Tesla Account I Have The Option To Remove The Hold , Would It Be A Good Idea To Remove The Hold Since Its Been A Week Now ? Or Should I Wait Until The Hold Expires October 1st ? I Am Anxious To Get My Tesla , However I Would Not Want To End Up Getting The Same Tesla Assigned To Me.
P.S: I Called The Tesla Store And They Said They Don’t Have That VIN Number Tesla In Their Lot Anymore , But Im Not Sure If It’s Because It Has Been Assigned To Someone Else OR Maybe Service Is Being Done On It To Sell Again Soon ?
I Appreciate Any Advise , Thank you!

Wow the way your worded this paragraph is crazy. Not sure what is up with capitalizing each word.

In short, if you are ready to be assigned a VIN, you have to go to the website under your Tesla account and click the "Remove the hold" button and you will start the process of getting assigned a VIN. Don't worry if you don't click the "Remove the Hold" button by Oct 1, it won't cancel your order, it will just then trigger an assignment of a new VIN. Basically letting it expire until Oct 1 gives you the maximum amount of time before you are assigned a new VIN (ex: if you needed the maximum amount of time to get your 3rd party loan details in order).

In my case, I maximized my 2 week hold and let the hold expire since I did not have my 3rd party loan details in order yet. After the hold expired, 1 or 2 days later I was assigned a VIN so I know from personal experience.

Upvote 0