Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Experience Expectations - Owings Mills, MD

Can we expect good experience and one-on-one sit-down time at pick-up?

• Yes, the folks at Owings Mills have been great at pick-up time

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Maybe. It may depend on day of week and time of day.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Good luck. Have never heard of that experience there.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
<yawn> A new day, a new brush off from Tesla. I told the person on the phone (another new person this time) that if they told me 24-48 hours one more time that I couldn't take it. It was obviously their way of kicking this can down the road for someone else to (possibly) handle.

I liked the fact that the person from owings mills delivery told me there was nothing they could do and that it was all up to Tesla service. Then when I talk to Tesla service they said they have no idea what they could do about it. Beautiful. It's like the old trick where two people put their out-of-offices on pointing at each other "if you need something right away."

Honestly wish I had posted this in the main section. Maybe Tesla would care if it wasn't just some schmuck in the mid-atlantic area of a forum.

Fingers crossed. Just kidding. I really have no expectations that Tesla will help on purpose. My feeling is that it will somehow resolve itself. I really am stunned at this level of crappy support. Never would have expected it. To be fair, most people are extremely nice. And, you never really talk to the same person twice, so you can't be mad at the new person who appears to be helping you... but is probably just doing their laundry while on a headset.

Chris

<yawn> A new day, a new brush off from Tesla. I told the person on the phone (another new person this time) that if they told me 24-48 hours one more time that I couldn't take it. It was obviously their way of kicking this can down the road for someone else to (possibly) handle.

I liked the fact that the person from owings mills delivery told me there was nothing they could do and that it was all up to Tesla service. Then when I talk to Tesla service they said they have no idea what they could do about it. Beautiful. It's like the old trick where two people put their out-of-offices on pointing at each other "if you need something right away."

Honestly wish I had posted this in the main section. Maybe Tesla would care if it wasn't just some schmuck in the mid-atlantic area of a forum.

Fingers crossed. Just kidding. I really have no expectations that Tesla will help on purpose. My feeling is that it will somehow resolve itself. I really am stunned at this level of crappy support. Never would have expected it. To be fair, most people are extremely nice. And, you never really talk to the same person twice, so you can't be mad at the new person who appears to be helping you... but is probably just doing their laundry while on a headset.

Chris

Chris,

I asked someone at Owings Mills to take a look at this thread and I believe they are following this now. I will double check and make sure. This shouldn't happen.

Jon

Reactions: cmalinowski
Chris,

I asked someone at Owings Mills to take a look at this thread and I believe they are following this now. I will double check and make sure. This shouldn't happen.

Jon
Thanks. Our Owner Advocate in Owings Mills replied to an email indicating that they were looking into it as well. I like Turrel (the OA) and believe he will try to help, I just don't know what he can do.

I was really surprised yesterday... well, kind of surprised. The guy on the phone with Tesla support yesterday was all "I just talked to my supervisor and we are sending this to engineering and I'll track it all day. I'll call you later today with a status." Needless to say, I never received a call. I even made sure he had my correct phone number because part of me thought maybe Tesla had the wrong number on file for all of the people that said "I'll call you with a status" that never did.

Ho hum. I'm certainly glad this isn't something crucial. Guess I need to go get an old Honda or something for when crap really goes wrong with the car.

Chris

So, I called Tesla support bright and early today and got Bridget. She said it's an Accounts problem and that they don't open until 8am. She said they'd call me. Anyone want to take bets on that? It's probably a good bet because at some point, someone will actually call me back, even if just by accidentally pressing my digits on a phone.

At least my Tesla support expectations have collapsed to just being happy if someone would call me back. An actual fix to the problem is like a dream at this point.

Chris

So, I called Tesla support bright and early today and got Bridget. She said it's an Accounts problem and that they don't open until 8am. She said they'd call me. Anyone want to take bets on that? It's probably a good bet because at some point, someone will actually call me back, even if just by accidentally pressing my digits on a phone.

At least my Tesla support expectations have collapsed to just being happy if someone would call me back. An actual fix to the problem is like a dream at this point.

Chris

Make sure you let Turrel know that we have been talking. He is a good guy and I've been working on some other stuff with him.

Jon Shevelew

Reactions: cmalinowski
Make sure you let Turrel know that we have been talking. He is a good guy and I've been working on some other stuff with him.

Jon Shevelew
Will do. Thanks again for taking and interest and in helping out. Turrel is definitely a good guy. When we went to test drive a tesla (we knew little to nothing about the cars), we set up a test drive in a model 3. When we were done that, my wife, who's getting the car, liked the model S better. They had no times available to test drive on that day (Saturday). Turrel drove the car to our house 40 minutes away on Sunday for us to test drive it. I got spoiled with that level of service I guess. :) Actually, all of the staff during the sales part were exceptional. Even the obviously new person.

I can't wait to get back to that level of service. Hopefully this really is an anomaly and also some growing pains. Fingers continue to be crossed.

I know I waffle between being frustrated and understanding. It's easy to do when you truly want to believe the service is extraordinary, and have seen it, and then getting less-than-ordinary service at times right off the bat. Most everything before the scheduled pickup was great. From the originally scheduled pick-up date onward (save them getting the part to fix the car quickly and getting the car done within 10 days) was between shaky and extremely frustrating. Certain people, like Turrel and Dwayne, have helped, and are continuing to try and fix the issue. That makes me happy. The service folks on the 877-79-TESLA number haven't been. They are super nice, but have failed to keep me in the loop or fix anything... or even attempt from what I can tell. They say they are doing something, but they could just be watching Star Trek reruns for all I know. The results are the same whether they tried to help or were watching Star Trek, so I hope it was Star Trek. :)

Chris

Chis,

I take it that you are still trying to get your car to show up in your phone app? If so, my understanding is that the car must show as delivered before it is allowed to show up in the phone app (and as an owned car in your online Tesla account). If you log into Tesla on your PC does your car show as delivered, similar to what I show below? If not, that is the crux of the issue. If so, the people you really need to bug are the delivery team (probably best through the 800# unless you have a better direct number) I had a direct number to someone in Las Vegas who I could call directly during the lead-up to delivery. Let everyone understand that your car has not been marked as delivered, and hopefully that will let them key into getting this to the right person to fix it. Good luck, this does suck! - Peter

upload_2018-10-18_14-10-24.png

Will do. Thanks again for taking and interest and in helping out. Turrel is definitely a good guy. When we went to test drive a tesla (we knew little to nothing about the cars), we set up a test drive in a model 3. When we were done that, my wife, who's getting the car, liked the model S better. They had no times available to test drive on that day (Saturday). Turrel drove the car to our house 40 minutes away on Sunday for us to test drive it. I got spoiled with that level of service I guess. :) Actually, all of the staff during the sales part were exceptional. Even the obviously new person.

I can't wait to get back to that level of service. Hopefully this really is an anomaly and also some growing pains. Fingers continue to be crossed.

I know I waffle between being frustrated and understanding. It's easy to do when you truly want to believe the service is extraordinary, and have seen it, and then getting less-than-ordinary service at times right off the bat. Most everything before the scheduled pickup was great. From the originally scheduled pick-up date onward (save them getting the part to fix the car quickly and getting the car done within 10 days) was between shaky and extremely frustrating. Certain people, like Turrel and Dwayne, have helped, and are continuing to try and fix the issue. That makes me happy. The service folks on the 877-79-TESLA number haven't been. They are super nice, but have failed to keep me in the loop or fix anything... or even attempt from what I can tell. They say they are doing something, but they could just be watching Star Trek reruns for all I know. The results are the same whether they tried to help or were watching Star Trek, so I hope it was Star Trek. :)

Chris

I can tell you that once you get past the corporate support nonsense, you will be happy with the service out of Owings Mills. Had a slight drip coming from my sunroof. Called Monday, the tech was at my house Tuesday at noon and gone by 1pm. I've seen this stuff with app before. I sold my last car to a guy in Florida and he struggled a bit in getting them to update the app parameters. The car was still on my app, so I actually let him use my id for a week until it got resolved. Bluetinc's post it right on the money. Does you car show up as delivered on your Tesla Account?

Chis,

I take it that you are still trying to get your car to show up in your phone app? If so, my understanding is that the car must show as delivered before it is allowed to show up in the phone app (and as an owned car in your online Tesla account). If you log into Tesla on your PC does your car show as delivered, similar to what I show below? If not, that is the crux of the issue. If so, the people you really need to bug are the delivery team (probably best through the 800# unless you have a better direct number) I had a direct number to someone in Las Vegas who I could call directly during the lead-up to delivery. Let everyone understand that your car has not been marked as delivered, and hopefully that will let them key into getting this to the right person to fix it. Good luck, this does suck! - Peter

View attachment 344970
My two screens are below. I can't see where in yours it said delivered, but I'm guessing since mine only has 4/4 things completed and prepping for delivery, and not something else, that it's still not marked as delivered.

I can tell you that once you get past the corporate support nonsense, you will be happy with the service out of Owings Mills. Had a slight drip coming from my sunroof. Called Monday, the tech was at my house Tuesday at noon and gone by 1pm. I've seen this stuff with app before. I sold my last car to a guy in Florida and he struggled a bit in getting them to update the app parameters. The car was still on my app, so I actually let him use my id for a week until it got resolved. Bluetinc's post it right on the money. Does you car show up as delivered on your Tesla Account?
I'm looking forward to good service. I am sure this will get fixed, it's just amazing that nobody will call me back. Nobody... Bridget's stuff never panned out. Nobody called me from Accounts, but I sort of knew that was going to be the case.

Thanks for the help and the moral support folks. I do appreciate it.

Chris

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    78.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    177.2 KB · Views: 48
Sadly, we are coming up on three weeks of Tesla being unable to mark our car as delivered. We get no app access. We can't get software upgrades. We can't collect on our referrals. Turrel is still trying to help, at least he emails every couple days and asks if it's fixed, but seems to be running into the same problems I did: nobody seems to be able to fix the problem.

This is really pathetic and frustrating. The complete lack of anyone besides Turrel calling me back or following up on my problem is extremely sad and worrisome. It definitely shows a systemic problem with customer support/service.

Chris