Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery in 5 days, need paint protection plan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello
My car has been built. I need a good option for wrapping the front and hood. For my model S I ordered a kit on Ebay and did it myself. I really enjoyed the process. I would prefer to do the same thing on my 3. Has anyone found an outlet for a pre cut kit for the M3? If there aren’t any yet can I get a recommendation for a good shop to do it in the Bay Area?

I know everCurrent owner and first day reservation :) I got my vin yesterday and I’m scheduled to pick up my car on the 28th.

Thanks

Oh and anyone want to buy a 2013 Chevy Volt? hehe

hello
My car has been built. I need a good option for wrapping the front and hood. For my model S I ordered a kit on Ebay and did it myself. I really enjoyed the process. I would prefer to do the same thing on my 3. Has anyone found an outlet for a pre cut kit for the M3? If there aren’t any yet can I get a recommendation for a good shop to do it in the Bay Area?

I know everCurrent owner and first day reservation :) I got my vin yesterday and I’m scheduled to pick up my car on the 28th.

Thanks

Oh and anyone want to buy a 2013 Chevy Volt? hehe

Paint Protection Kits - XPEL

C141- thanks

It looks like the XPEL ket offered in the link is prohibitively expensive. It would cost something like 1000 for the kit. At that price I would be nervous to do it myself and I think I would prefer to pay twice that to have it done professionally. Hopefully there will be some pre cut kits on the market before long at a reasonable price.

I got a quote from ocDetail in Fremont. They want 2200ish to cover the front end including the entire hood. I know they have a good reputation but I would be interested in getting more quotes if anyone has experience with other shops in the bay area.

thanks

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
C141- thanks

It looks like the XPEL ket offered in the link is prohibitively expensive. It would cost something like 1000 for the kit. At that price I would be nervous to do it myself and I think I would prefer to pay twice that to have it done professionally. Hopefully there will be some pre cut kits on the market before long at a reasonable price.

I got a quote from ocDetail in Fremont. They want 2200ish to cover the front end including the entire hood. I know they have a good reputation but I would be interested in getting more quotes if anyone has experience with other shops in the bay area.

thanks

You’re welcome. I’d search some of the PPF posts in the forum for some additional info. Here’s what I was quoted in NJ a few months ago:

Received this quote from a five star rated installer in North Jersey. Definitely don't think the price for the full coverage is worth it but may just go with the basics:

"Good afternoon, congrats on the in bound Tesla.
A full wrap on that vehicle typically runs $7900 your price would be $6900 in Xpel Ultimate a bit more for Clear Guard Nano, the job would take 3-5 days.
The basics would run around $2500-3000 - I can probably honor $2500 for the full front and rockers. (Including full hood, full fenders, mirrors, front bumper, headlights, lower doors or side skirts."

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
You’re welcome. I’d search some of the PPF posts in the forum for some additional info. Here’s what I was quoted in NJ a few months ago:

Received this quote from a five star rated installer in North Jersey. Definitely don't think the price for the full coverage is worth it but may just go with the basics:

A full wrap on that vehicle typically runs $7900 your price would be $6900 in Xpel Ultimate a bit more for Clear Guard Nano, the job would take 3-5 days.
The basics would run around $2500-3000 - I can probably honor $2500 for the full front and rockers. (Including full hood, full fenders, mirrors, front bumper, headlights, lower doors or side skirts."

To fully wrap my s with the best 3M film 3M Scotchguard pro that compares to Xpel ultimate, it was $5-6k by a signature / premium 3M recommended installer, I wouldn't pay more for a smaller car!

Long time lurker, but this quote made me sign up for the site. Not to hijack this thread, but my buddy owns a shop in northwest jersey and his price would probably be much lower. He does the best work I’ve seen.

I wouldn’t mind looking at your buddy’s shop. Please provide the shop contact info if you can. Thanks.

Absolutely. He’s worked on 7 cars for me. Never did the XPEL, only tint, but I’ve seen his work on dozens of other cars in his shop I’m still debating what I’ll do when my 3 comes in. I’d love to do a full wrap, but not sure if I’ll have the money available. Anyway, here’s his Facebook page.

leeberbs

Reactions: C141medic