Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery POA Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I will be picking up my Model 3 in a week. I will be doing a trade-in of my current car that my dad is a co-owner of. I will be the only owner of the Tesla.

Here's my question: Does my dad need to be present at the signing/delivery or not? It will be near impossible for him to make it as he is in another state/hours away.

The Tesla service center rep said my dad could fill out a POA (Power of Attorney) form for me to bring with me at signing/delivery. However, when I had to email our (my dad's and I's) driver's licenses over to Tesla, I asked them if I send them the POA form electronically or bring it with me in person. They responded by saying "We ask the owners of the trade-in vehicle to sign power of attorney over to Tesla. Unfortunately, we cannot use a POA to sign another POA. All owners will need to be present for delivery."

Do they think my dad will also be a co-owner of the tesla? I don't see why he would need to be there...

Thanks in advance for the help!