Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Scheduled, quick questions.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after 25 days I was finally able to find my VIN in the source code, later that day received a delivery text to schedule pickup and the earliest I could get was 2 weeks later on Jan 27th.

My question is and please bear with me I'm a frenchy Canadian lol., When in the shipping process do they start scheduling delivery? Is my M3 already in Montréal? Would it be possible to bump up the delivery a bit closer say the Friday before if the car is already here?

Question for Ontario residents dealing with Montreal.,

When I first contacted my delivery gal she told me since I'm in Ontario the vehicle had to be shipped to my home, but now from the looks of my appointment I have to go pick it up(which I don't mind). Anyone can clarify if an Ontarian can legally drive home with their car straight out the lot?

I'd contact them but the two times I tried getting info they seemed utterly lost and in a rush to hang up, no email we're replied in the last week either so I'm asking you guys!

Thanks!

VIN in source code happens around when they start assembling your car. I get the feeling it's assigned a little bit before assembly actually beings (And, in some cases, it's changed for people).
2 weeks is probably the time to assemble + assemble enough other vehicles for delivery to the same store + transit time + probably a buffer.

When I got my delivery date scheduled, it was originally Wednesday Dec 18th, but I got a call a few days before that it had arrived and I picked it up on the 14th. So you might get yours earlier too?

I emailed the delivery manager at my center (not my SA - I didn't have one) about a week before my delivery date and asked if there was a chance I could move my delivery up if the car arrived earlier. She found that it would be arriving 3 days before my date and was able to move me up by two days. Doesn't hurt to ask.