Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

PA resident, can I pick my Y in a NJ delivery center and drive it back home to PA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. I am a PA resident. Will be in NJ for work for a few weeks staying at my in-laws. Can I pick up my new car in NJ but register it back home in PA?

Thing is, only way I can change the delivery location is to change the registration address on the tasks to a NJ address. Can I put my inlaws NJ address and change the registration address to my PA address at the day of delivery? Wondering if this would flag me the day off delivery and not be able to pick it up.

I dont think it would work, although I am not an expert at this stuff. Perhaps read through this thread?