Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery trip home and extreme heat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kansas City to Wichita? This is an easy trip with any Long Range Tesla model when driving at or just above the speed limit - no charging should be required. I’m not certain about the Standard Range models.

Program your home address into the navigation system and keep an eye on the estimate for percentage remaining in your battery at the destination. If it trends down and makes you concerned, slow down a little. A charging stop in Emporia or a last-minute stop at the Towanda Service Area on the Turnpike will easily replenish the battery with enough range to make up the shortfall.

As mentioned, program your destination in the Nav system in the car and it will keep you under control.

No issue with driving in 100+ degree temps.

Be aware that cruise control and autopilot will be unavailable when you first pickup the car. The computer needs some mileage to calibrate the cameras. I found that the calibration process completed shortly after getting onto I-35 S on the SW corner of KC.