Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DFW - Hand Wash (Waterless/Dry Wash)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend of mine who got his Tesla a few years ago told me several people he knows owns Teslas was looking for someone to hand wash their Tesla's versus using a touchless car wash. I found this technique called "Dry Washing" and it is awesome. I use high lubricity products and they work great. It protects the surface while it cleans. I use it on all my cars and my friends cars. I love it so much I decided to turn it into a business and it works great on Tesla's.

Don't take my word for it, try it out. Make sure you have plenty of microfiber cloths and once they get dirty, grab a new cloth.

Enjoy!

tysonsautocare.com

Hi all -

I see a lot of inquiries about Waterless Car Wash here. I'm pretty knowledgeable about this since I've been studying it since 2013 when I bought my first Tesla (a red Model S). The detailers employed by Tesla Service Center in Burbank educated me and since then I have become a Certified Detailer, shopped through various products and learned a lot about wrapped as well as unwrapped Teslas, and other aluminum body cars & trucks, as well as standard body cars.

The waterless wash that DOES NOT CONTAIN SILICON is the best. The others (many of which are popular brand names) create a slow buildup of that silicon which creates a haze. The reason waterless wash works so well is the wax is already in it. You can also get a version without wax, which is what you want for wrapped cars. A wrapped surface will attract and collect the wax, and you won't be able to buff it out. When you apply waterless do not dilute it because it's actually more lubricating than water and safer for your car than water. Once you've wiped it off, it will have a very fine haze which you buff briefly to get that really glossy Tesla shine.

Taking your car to a car wash, you're often exposing your car to dirty water (with Microparticles of soot and brake dust), thin and often dirty "rinsed" rags, and workers who are doing circular scrubbing motions which will show up later in the clear coat.

If you use waterless wash with a really thick nap (GSM 350 or higher) microfiber cloth with it, it's super easy to use and won't create any micro scratches. You can do it anywhere (don't need a hose and bucket) and conserve water if you are living in an area like California.

I've made a lot of friends with Teslas in social media clubs and at Tesla events over the years and I hope to make a lot more. I hope this information was helpful to you!

Reactions: guggie1