Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did electrician for charger ground to your water heater?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had an inspection done and it did not pass for a few minor things. It also did not pass because he said the water heater should be grounded. The electrician came back two days ago and fixed everything but did not complete the ground for the water heater. He said he didn't have what he needed to ground it. He was supposed to come back yesterday but did not show up. (will be calling him today) Is this something that was done when you guys had your charger installed?

I just had an inspection done and it did not pass for a few minor things. It also did not pass because he said the water heater should be grounded. The electrician came back two days ago and fixed everything but did not complete the ground for the water heater. He said he didn't have what he needed to ground it. He was supposed to come back yesterday but did not show up. (will be calling him today) Is this something that was done when you guys had your charger installed?
Not only does the Hot Water Heater need to be properly grounded but so does a proper ground be connected on both sides of the water meter. In addition two ground rods must be installed 6 feet apart by the electric meter outside the house.

Attachments

• Hot Water Heather Ground IMG_7869.JPG
    Hot Water Heather Ground IMG_7869.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 645
I have a gas water heater. A grounding strap was installed on the water lines for the water heater when I replaced my aged fuse panel with a new service panel, 200A service upgrade. The home's original ground connection was to the cold water supply.