Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did I experience a feature regression that got fixed in a software update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2014 P85 in Australia.
I was recently on a long winter drive to the snow. About 30 minutes into the drive my heating failed. Not a lot of fun but I decided to press on. I had to stop to supercharge at one of the new dual-cable superchargers (Euroa) and my car would not supercharge. This was a problem. I called the roadside assistance number for suggestions and they were astonishingly useless (told me to install PlugShare on my phone and look for a destination charger, like a 5-year EV veteran wouldn’t already know that. Also told me to turn the car off and on again - didn’t help).
I had enough charge to reach my destination but had a problem with getting home. I was able to solve this with some creative alterations to my trip and the mobile charging cable.

Needless to say I was unimpressed and made an appointment at the service centre. I still haven’t had that appointment because the wait is so long (and me don’t even have our Model 3s here yet!). I visited the Richmond supercharger and confirmed that supercharging didn’t work.

Anyways, a few days ago I received a firmware update (2019.28.3.1). When I got in the car the next morning the heater was working! I’ve just been to the supercharger and supercharging is back!
I’ve done some googling and forum reading and can’t find anyone with a similar recent experience. Was there a feature regression that has been quietly fixed? Or do I have a weird loose connection somewhere?