Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you take your car in for service?

Did you take your vehicle in for a defect, failure, or build quality issue?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the car on Thursday and found a few issues before and after leaving. Called on Friday and was asked to send in the pictures, but haven't heard back from them yet. One issue is I'm missing clips to hold the carpet in place by the rear seats. I can't install my kid's car seat until they fix it.

image.jpg
What is the trunk garnish? I am curious if I also don’t have this.

I have had to have the charge port door fixed, and a smelly AC that is still an ongoing issue. While at the SC, they replaced a suspension part for a TSB as well as my window regulators. I wouldn’t classify any of that a driving concerns, but I think the issues were also not cosmetic.

The upper trim piece in the trunk is missing for pre 17k VINs. The part numbers are:

Trunk Garnish (Part number 1132812-00-A)
RVT Push-pull 10MM Hole (Part number 1020212-00-A)

I have had to have the charge port door fixed, and a smelly AC that is still an ongoing issue. While at the SC, they replaced a suspension part for a TSB as well as my window regulators. I wouldn’t classify any of that a driving concerns, but I think the issues were also not cosmetic.

I suspect the smelly AC is related to the cabin air filter. Its a bit hard to get into but either there was moisture that built up in it or it was not installed correctly.

I voted 2 (cosmetic issue), but only then I realized this poll is for Model 3. Sorry! I am not sure how to unvote... I changed it to Other.

Fortunately & unfortunately votes are confidential so can't edit this!

I had to take mine in because the mobile charger pins were misaligned. The charger wouldn’t go in all the way and it would only charge 1/2 speed on a 240v (15mph). They replaced it and i was on my way.

View attachment 333548

The upper trim piece in the trunk is missing for pre 17k VINs. The part numbers are:

Trunk Garnish (Part number 1132812-00-A)
RVT Push-pull 10MM Hole (Part number 1020212-00-A)

So the picture shows it missing where bare metal is? I think that is what my trunk looks like. I have VIN 1983, so definitely below the 17k. :) I get a lot of rattles from back there, wonder if it is related.

Adding it to my list, thanks!

So the picture shows it missing where bare metal is? I think that is what my trunk looks like. I have VIN 1983, so definitely below the 17k. :) I get a lot of rattles from back there, wonder if it is related.

Adding it to my list, thanks!
The picture is with it added. The black molded piece at the top of the pic (entire top of trunk opening trim piece was missing. This thread has pics with it missing:

New upper trunk molding