Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Difference between old passenger seatbelts and the new version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

alexad

Jul 9, 2022
US
Hi, I need to replace my old passenger seatbelt with a new one. Based on official Tesla catalog new one is
1ST ROW, PASS RETRACTOR, BLK with number 1081279-01-H
In the Tesla catalog,km, I see a new one has a port for some connector ( see pic 1)
Screenshot 2022-07-09 at 18.55.54.png

But I got 1081279-01-H and it doesn't have the port
IMG_9839.jpg

The port is for this connector
IMG_9825.jpeg

My old passenger seatbelt has the number 1081279-01-H and has the port. I have opened the port cover and see this
IMG_9837.jpeg

Seems like the metal bracket can be shifted and it closes or opens the circuit in the connector.
I am wondering does someone know what this connector, and port for? Why new tesla passenger seatbelt doesn't have the port anymore and why tesla official catalog still shows the connector on schemes? I am confused and not quite sure what to do since I have the new seatbelt without the port but my car has the connector for old seatbelt.

Thanks in advance.

I decided to order the right part with a connector and just sell a new one. It doesn't worth doing a transfer of port from the old to the new one because it doesn't look compatible and it is your own security.