Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front passenger safety restraint system fault...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my MY two days ago and getting a "Front passenger safety restraint system fault" notification. Took a little peak under the seat and noticed this connector is completely missing (see attached). I've seen some other photos where there is something connected, but I can't find anything anywhere that says what this is for. Does anybody have any idea?

One thing to note is that it appears to be intermittent. It'll go away for a bit but then come back randomly. And the seat always believes there is a passenger, so it always has the seatbelt alert...

I've already scheduled a service center visit but it's in two weeks and it's a little annoying getting this notification intermittently while driving.

Attachments

• IMG_2465.jpg
    IMG_2465.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 498
Here are some additional photos from a NHTSA .pdf I found. There's definitely something connected... but not sure if this was just in older models. (Sorry for the low quality, all I could find)

Attachments

• connectors2.jpg
    connectors2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 318
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 317
I'm going in for the 4th time this week. The first time they came to my house and replaced a sensor under the passenger seat. I don't know what they did the second time when I took it in. The third time I also took it in and they replaced the passenger seat cushion. They give me a loaner (M3) so I don't mind. The error doesn't always show up but it is frequent. It's a complex system with a lot of components. I was told they ended up replacing an air bag on one car. It's clear when I pick up the car but pops back up after a couple days.