Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattle from passenger side seatbelt adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SORRY, PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST I WAS TOO HASTY AND FOUND THE RATTLE TO BE THE REAR SEATBELT ON THE PLASTIC TRIM. NOW FIXED!

Hi again. This is something that is driving me crazy. The front seat seatbelt adjustments on our new MY were too high and cutting into our necks. I slid them down to make them more comfortable and now the one on the passenger side has started to rattle on anything but a very smooth road. The mechanism that facilitates the adjustment is plastic and quite loose on both sides but only the passenger side rattles (at this stage). It is very frustrating and I have no idea of a remedy. I thought I saw a thread here recently with someone with a similar problem but after searching I can't find it. Has anyone else had this rattle and found a fix? PLEASE! ☹️😢

Last edited:
SORRY, PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST I WAS TOO HASTY AND FOUND THE RATTLE TO BE THE REAR SEATBELT ON THE PLASTIC TRIM. NOW FIXED!

Hi again. This is something that is driving me crazy. The front seat seatbelt adjustments on our new MY were too high and cutting into our necks. I slid them down to make them more comfortable and now the one on the passenger side has started to rattle on anything but a very smooth road. The mechanism that facilitates the adjustment is plastic and quite loose on both sides but only the passenger side rattles (at this stage). It is very frustrating and I have no idea of a remedy. I thought I saw a thread here recently with someone with a similar problem but after searching I can't find it. Has anyone else had this rattle and found a fix? PLEASE! ☹️😢
Good that you found it. I had a noise that tesla thought was suspension related, but turned out to be the passenger seatbelt buckle not fully falling on retracting and thumping into the plastic trim.

Reactions: Power Hungry
The mechanism that facilitates the adjustment is plastic and quite loose on both sides but only the passenger side rattles (at this stage). It is very frustrating and I have no idea of a remedy. I thought I saw a thread here recently with someone with a similar problem but after searching I can't find it. Has anyone else had this rattle and found a fix? PLEASE!
Mine was fixed by mobile service by removing cover and applying tape to the mechanism . The service guy said it was a known problem.

Reactions: Power Hungry