Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Different colored headlights after replacing one

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my drivers side headlight replaced yesterday due to the signature LED going out via mobile service. Everything works great but I noticed that the headlights are now slightly different colors! The old passenger headlight has a slightly blue hue whole the new driver's side is completely white. I drove it into the local service center here in Austin and they agreed and actually ordered me a new passenger headlight (here comes another 2 month wait though). We will see once the passenger headlight light is replaced whether the color matches up or not. Perhaps between July and now there was a change in manufacturer of the headlights, or simply them being different batches caused this slight color variation?

I guess my question is has ANYONE ever seen this before? My Model 3 is a July 2018 build August delivery.

I just got my drivers side headlight replaced yesterday due to the signature LED going out via mobile service. Everything works great but I noticed that the headlights are now slightly different colors! The old passenger headlight has a slightly blue hue whole the new driver's side is completely white. I drove it into the local service center here in Austin and they agreed and actually ordered me a new passenger headlight (here comes another 2 month wait though). We will see once the passenger headlight light is replaced whether the color matches up or not. Perhaps between July and now there was a change in manufacturer of the headlights, or simply them being different batches caused this slight color variation?

I guess my question is has ANYONE ever seen this before? My Model 3 is a July 2018 build August delivery.
I guess the good news is that they are replacing without question, many manufacturers would simply say "it's normal" or "it will burn off eventually"!

Reactions: preilly44
I guess the good news is that they are replacing without question, many manufacturers would simply say "it's normal" or "it will burn off eventually"!

agreed. i walked into the service center fully expecting they tell me it's close enough and normal to have a little variance but they took one look at it and agreed immediately that it looks different. my only concern is that once the new passenger light comes in, it still is different - because it will still be from a different batch. to have the best chance at the same color both headlights need to be replaced at the same time with two headlights from the same batch but i think requesting two new headlights to replace two fully functional headlights would have been unreasonable lol.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Hi,

I just came across this thread.. I had a replacement headlight fitted yesterday and it doesn’t have the blue hue more of a silver and I don’t like the colour not matching. I walked around my Tesla lot and noticed all the 2023 models had the blue hue version and the older 2020 had the silver version reflecter part if I think that’s the right part.. did you get it sorted and does anyone know if Tesla updated the 2023 matrix headlight over the 2021/22 version

I like to know how the original poster got on, did you get the same light or what was the outcome