Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Diminished Value, LOU, repair times BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello there.
I was in an accident 2 days ago where my lovely 3 week old Model 3 was T-boned. I took her to the shop yesterday and they deemed her unfit to drive. The door, quarter panel, and bumper all need to be replaced, as well as the wheel which to the best of my understanding has been knocked off its suspension. The estimate is ongoing but I would assume at least 20K-25K worth of repairs, which will all be covered seeing as I was not at fault.
They set me up in a rental vehicle which is a Kia Optima. The repair time estimate the body shop gave me was 2-6 MONTHS?? I am thankful this whole process has been a breeze but this is going to be a huge inconvenience no doubt.
I was wondering if anyone had any success filing for a diminished value claim or in BC as we call it an accelerated depreciation claim? Or if it is possible to sue for loss of use, cost of gas? What steps should I be taking or who should I be talking to? I am located in Vancouver, BC, but any advice from my American Tesla brothers and sisters would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!!

Attachments

• 20190722_144546_HDR.jpg
    20190722_144546_HDR.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_20190723-200527.png
    Screenshot_20190723-200527.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20190723-200537.png
    Screenshot_20190723-200537.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
mokalette,
I suffered a similar accident, but not as severe as yours. My car has been in service since June 7th. Insurance gave the okay to order parts on June 26th. On August 1st I asked for status update and was told all parts had been received and "The car should be over for the cut in Monday" (8/5/2019). I remain hopeful total repair time will be less than the 6 months I was told this repair may take.

I decided not to apply for the diminished value claim. It is not very much money and I am new to my insurance company as the accident happened a few months after switching to my current company. I too was not at fault and was not required to pay a deductible after showing what my car's cameras recorded. As a matter of fact, I have had zero out of pocket since the accident so I am okay with bypassing the diminished value claim.

Hello there.
I was in an accident 2 days ago where my lovely 3 week old Model 3 was T-boned. I took her to the shop yesterday and they deemed her unfit to drive. The door, quarter panel, and bumper all need to be replaced, as well as the wheel which to the best of my understanding has been knocked off its suspension. The estimate is ongoing but I would assume at least 20K-25K worth of repairs, which will all be covered seeing as I was not at fault.
They set me up in a rental vehicle which is a Kia Optima. The repair time estimate the body shop gave me was 2-6 MONTHS?? I am thankful this whole process has been a breeze but this is going to be a huge inconvenience no doubt.
I was wondering if anyone had any success filing for a diminished value claim or in BC as we call it an accelerated depreciation claim? Or if it is possible to sue for loss of use, cost of gas? What steps should I be taking or who should I be talking to? I am located in Vancouver, BC, but any advice from my American Tesla brothers and sisters would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!!
Hey any updates on your repair or diminished value claim? I'm in Vancouver as well and just got into an accident couple weeks ago too. I still haven't heard about part availability or eta but they are repairing my car even though ICBC deemed it not safe to repair because the airbags went off. They sent me the salvage papers but once the estimate of 19k happened they said it is repairable.