Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally happened [collision]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After I pulled up to a gas pump at a Costco my Lexus was hit by a uhaul truck trying to go around it. The uhaul driver said I backed into him. i called police. The gas station had cameras and the trooper looked At the video and wrote up the uhaul driver as at fault. Uhaul paid the repair directly to the Lexus dealer body shop. I didn’t Perdue diminished value.

The repair cost only $2,500 but carfax reduced value $4,500 due to reported accident.

Well, it has been in the shop now since Monday They started taking the car apart to check for hidden damage. Just got a call this morning. The original estimate has doubled to $12,807 USD! The insurance company has approved the new charges. Most of the parts are there already but it could still take 2-3 weeks to complete.

In the meantime, I have this awesome Chevy Malibu rental with the 1.5L turbocharged engine and a CVT transmission. Zoom, zoom. At least it has climate control and remote start. It's gonna get real cold here soon.

Got the car back last night. Took exactly one month. Of course the holidays were in there and there was one part holding it up so it could have been worse. They communicated with me and kept me informed on the progress.

The result was amazing. That shop put the car back good as new. They even repainted my LH rear door. I had put a couple scratches in it and did a lousy touch up job. They just added it into the repairs.

I won't provide a direct link as I'm not sure that is OK here but a search on the phrase "Tesla body repair in Waukesha Wisconsin" will get you there. They do a lot of Teslas. The only Tesla certified repair shop in SE Wisconsin. They specialize in premium brands but work on all makes. My daughter-in-law's brother got his Lexus repaired there and had nothing but good things to say also.

Lastly, driving that Malibu made me appreciate my Tesla even more. That Chevy was a decent transportation appliance and I really have nothing bad to say about it. However, the driving dynamic comparison! When I got back in the Tesla it was an OMG moment.

Got the car back last night. Took exactly one month. Of course the holidays were in there and there was one part holding it up so it could have been worse. They communicated with me and kept me informed on the progress.

The result was amazing. That shop put the car back good as new. They even repainted my LH rear door. I had put a couple scratches in it and did a lousy touch up job. They just added it into the repairs.

I won't provide a direct link as I'm not sure that is OK here but a search on the phrase "Tesla body repair in Waukesha Wisconsin" will get you there. They do a lot of Teslas. The only Tesla certified repair shop in SE Wisconsin. They specialize in premium brands but work on all makes. My daughter-in-law's brother got his Lexus repaired there and had nothing but good things to say also.

Lastly, driving that Malibu made me appreciate my Tesla even more. That Chevy was a decent transportation appliance and I really have nothing bad to say about it. However, the driving dynamic comparison! When I got back in the Tesla it was an OMG moment.
Did you get DV on your car?