Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Satin Black kit installed! Very easy install. Used my Dyson hairdryer as a heat gun and it worked great. You definitely need heat for some of the mirror pieces. Already had the white handle stickers ;) Thanks for making this kit Nikola Pro!

Attachments

• IMG_20190930_190727.jpg
    IMG_20190930_190727.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 333
I actually own a wrap shop and it’s kinda like the old saying “the house painters house always needs painted”. I just didn’t want to take the time to pull my car apart to wrap the mirrors the way I would’ve had to do them to be happy with the results. At least that is what I thought until I saw the Nikola kit, and honestly the time, effort and thought they put into the kit is really amazing! The value and time saving in their kit is unbelievable and that is coming from a guy that already owned the vinyl that I was getting in their kit. But contrary to what most think wrapping things like this it’s not about the material cost at all, it’s about time. I can’t say enough about this kit and literally anyone can install yourself and get great results with absolutely no disassembly.
8E33FA94-8D92-4E21-ADD9-D932E41C0F37.jpeg 895F6446-BC6A-4DD6-8855-FE696C02F457.jpeg 5BEADFAD-8931-4E07-B8FA-9C025AF5336E.jpeg

I actually own a wrap shop and it’s kinda like the old saying “the house painters house always needs painted”. I just didn’t want to take the time to pull my car apart to wrap the mirrors the way I would’ve had to do them to be happy with the results. At least that is what I thought until I saw the Nikola kit, and honestly the time, effort and thought they put into the kit is really amazing! The value and time saving in their kit is unbelievable and that is coming from a guy that already owned the vinyl that I was getting in their kit. But contrary to what most think wrapping things like this it’s not about the material cost at all, it’s about time. I can’t say enough about this kit and literally anyone can install yourself and get great results with absolutely no disassembly.
View attachment 462461 View attachment 462464 View attachment 462466

Wow that means a lot, thank you! Glad to hear feedback from someone who's in the wrap business.

We've actually had a few tint/wrap shops get in contact with us recently to use the kit on their future chrome delete installs because, like you said, it's the time that makes up the majority of the cost.

Shipping Update

Well we have good and bad news. Good news is the kits seem to be very well received so far and the word is getting out among Tesla owners. Bad news is we can't keep up with the demand right now.

Most likely we will be placing the chrome delete kits on backorder starting Tuesday or Wednesday while we try to catch up with it and our other products plus the new pillar delete, dash wrap and updated center console wrap launching soon. Kits purchased on backorder will ship about a week after purchase confirmation. We truly appreciate the support we've received from all of you and look forward to providing many more premium accessories at competitive prices very soon.

Reactions: Zerosky
ISO of a satin black triangle piece above the mirror. Not sure if this has been discussed or requested but that part in piano black has scratches that I would prefer to match the crome delete.

Attachments

• 20191006_204652.jpg
    20191006_204652.jpg
    574.9 KB · Views: 281
I finally tackled the 9th piece yesterday for the mirrors. Passenger side wasn't too bade but I still had an issue with the driver's side and possibly have a sliver of chrome on the end of the mirror.

In my experience, one of the more difficult pieces to install likely because of trying to line it up underneath and how you try and apply it.

Noticing more and more areas where I should have taken more time and where some bubbles have developed due to my poor application techniques I am sure.

Overall I still highly recommend the kit!

Reactions: Nikola Pro
I finally tackled the 9th piece yesterday for the mirrors. Passenger side wasn't too bade but I still had an issue with the driver's side and possibly have a sliver of chrome on the end of the mirror.

In my experience, one of the more difficult pieces to install likely because of trying to line it up underneath and how you try and apply it.

Noticing more and more areas where I should have taken more time and where some bubbles have developed due to my poor application techniques I am sure.

Overall I still highly recommend the kit!

Majority of the bubbles should be removable with the heat gun and some firm pressure. If not then you can try heating up the area, peeling it back and reapplying again :)

Reactions: GTIceman