Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do any of the camping beds take into account the fact that the back is actually not completely flat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I want to buy one of those camping beds that fit in the back of the model y. However when you fold the seats down in the model y, it's not completely flat, so do any of these camping mats take that into account?

Like do they come shaped to the shape of the angle of the folded down seats and when you put it on in the correct position it makes it flat?

On my Model 3, the back seat doesn't fold flat, so I remove then the bottom part of the back seat.
I imagine that you can do the same on the Model Y, unless you have a 7 seats with sliding rail mechanism.

I put then the bottom part vertically behind the front seat.
This extends the length of the bed and allows to put pillows without those pillow falling on the floor.
I would recommend putting some towells or cardboard to prevent the vertical part of the back seat to touch directly the battery cover.

Last edited:
On my Model 3, the back seat doesn't fold flat, so I remove then the bottom part of the back seat.
I imagine that you can do the same on the Model Y, unless you have a 7 seats with slitting rail mechanism.
I put then the bottom part vertically behind the front seat.

This extends the length of the bed and allows to put pillows without those pillow falling on the floor.

I would recommend putting some towells or cardboard to prevent the vertical part of the back seat to touch directly the battery cover.

That's a lot easier to remove than I was expecting, and could come in quite handy for camping. Thanks for the info.