Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6 seat owners, any solutions to keep things in the back with third row folded down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, finally got that "German engineered" cargo divider delivery from Germany. Build quality is good. If I had to pick about anything, it would be that I don't like the latch hardware they used too much because it has some slightly sharp corners. Fits nicely. The latch mechanism does require a slight tilt of the divider to allow it to slide into the Tesla floor latches (so much for finely spec German engineering, I see what the guy in the video was struggling a bit with for a sec in the video 😅). Fits in the sub trunk nicely also. Nothing super exciting; does what it advertises to do.

Only thing of note is that if you plan on having an all weather cover on the third row seat back, probably will not work with it because the clearance for the latch hardware is pretty tight.

Will be on my Costco run now. Some pictures for the rest of you to drool over and be jealous 🤪 j/k

View attachment 992359

View attachment 992360

View attachment 992361

View attachment 992362

View attachment 992364

Thanks for posting. Seems a bit expensive for $30 worth of plywood and some carpet. BUTT, much more polished than the version I'd build.

True. Not sure how many plywood pieces I would mess up building it myself though. And possibly cutting off a finger too. Never took wood working in HS. lol

I'm confused by the shipping cost. My first impression was that $245 included shipping, then saw where they'd ship after prepaying $220.

What was the actual cost?

I like how they show it holding back a tire, then saw the pic where it says, "max 40 kg". Slamming to a quick stop, how much force is that tire going to apply to those plastic restraints. Certainly won't hold a spare tire. Trouble is, I was considering 3d printing that plastic part, which wouldn't be any stronger.

I'm confused by the shipping cost. My first impression was that $245 included shipping, then saw where they'd ship after prepaying $220.

What was the actual cost?
I think you're referring to the similar one from the other site Dynamic PT from Poland? Not sure about that one. I ordered from GS-Design from Germany for that "German quality" :D

I didn't go with this one because 1) wasn't aware of it until I after I ordered from GS-Design and 2) looking at the Dynamic PT site, it seems like it's a random company that builds other industrial product so not sure why they're offering a Tesla car accessory. I do like the simplicity of the latch fastener from the Dynamic PT offer, plus it's cheaper.

I think you're referring to the similar one from the other site Dynamic PT from Poland? Not sure about that one. I ordered from GS-Design from Germany for that "German quality" :D

I didn't go with this one because 1) wasn't aware of it until I after I ordered from GS-Design and 2) looking at the Dynamic PT site, it seems like it's a random company that builds other industrial product so not sure why they're offering a Tesla car accessory. I do like the simplicity of the latch fastener from the Dynamic PT offer, plus it's cheaper.

Sorry. Yes, I got sidetracked. Saw EU and thought I was on the same site you had.

I don't consider this "Germain quality" but it looks similar to the latch I saw on their website. It's probably what I'd use for my own version (that wouldn't be as nice). BUT I hate spending money on something I can build myself. My shop is unheated and has a hand saw, and a rechargeable power drill. :rolleyes:

Reactions: awd_rails
IF anyone near Rochester NY is interested in a "made in the USA" version of the German or Poland cargo divider, reach out to Steve at the TeslaShop. I purchased his products for my '12 Volt and '18 Volt years ago and it was always a great experience.

He says shipping is going to be the hurdle for something like this, so if you're local and can part with your vehicle for a day or two so he can get measurements, you might be able to get something going here.