Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I have any recourse against Tesla? Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had any luck with getting Tesla to fix a problem? They took my car in because it needed a recall on the memory card. Fine (I was also paying 1,300!!!! for the parking brake calipers as well which apparently failed), I let them do their thing.

Problem is afterwards the audio wasn't great in the car and certainly functionalities such as energy readings etc didn't work.

I contacted them and was told that it wasn't their problem it no longer worked and that it was old stuff anyway so should upgrade for 2,500 to the new MCU2. This is ridiculous, I don't want anything fancy, I simply want my car the way it was before. But it's like a stone wall, they just close the support ticket in the app down.

Has anyone had any luck in being able to get Tesla to actually fix a problem like this? (Car is a Model S 2017, under warranty for battery/drive only)

• Informative
Reactions: primedive
Has anyone had any luck with getting Tesla to fix a problem? They took my car in because it needed a recall on the memory card. Fine (I was also paying 1,300!!!! for the parking brake calipers as well which apparently failed), I let them do their thing.

Problem is afterwards the audio wasn't great in the car and certainly functionalities such as energy readings etc didn't work.

I contacted them and was told that it wasn't their problem it no longer worked and that it was old stuff anyway so should upgrade for 2,500 to the new MCU2. This is ridiculous, I don't want anything fancy, I simply want my car the way it was before. But it's like a stone wall, they just close the support ticket in the app down.

Has anyone had any luck in being able to get Tesla to actually fix a problem like this? (Car is a Model S 2017, under warranty for battery/drive only)
I don't think there's much of anything that you can do.

It looks like Tesla wants to get rid of MCU1, so if it's broken, you'll have to pay for MCU2.

They honored their MCU1 for the first 4 years or 50,000 miles and the rest is from your pocket.

I don't think there's much of anything that you can do.

It looks like Tesla wants to get rid of MCU1, so if it's broken, you'll have to pay for MCU2.

They honored their MCU1 for the first 4 years or 50,000 miles and the rest is from your pocket.

But I am not looking for them to develop it or enhance it, they were the ones that said there was a recall and post the recall I now have less functionality. I only want to be in the position that I was in before. I have zero interest in a fancier screen. Is there no avenue in which to escalate this? I am being completely stonewalled which is disappointing.