Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does 2023 come with wood trim?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking through photos and sites it seems some of the Model Y 2023 comes with wood trim and some do not. On the Tesla site they show wood trim with back interior and standard trim with the white interior. Anyone confirm?

Yeah, black=wood trim and white=white trim. It's kind of dumb IMO... I have the white interior but I wish it had the same wood trim as the black. I think the white leather + light colored wood is a nice modern look, plus the white strip of trim on the dash tends to reflect quite badly under certain conditions.

Yeah, black=wood trim and white=white trim. It's kind of dumb IMO... I have the white interior but I wish it had the same wood trim as the black. I think the white leather + light colored wood is a nice modern look, plus the white strip of trim on the dash tends to reflect quite badly under certain conditions.
The wood trim (at least on the dash) is very easy to swap out. There are videos on YouTube of how to do it. I agree that the wood would look sharp with the white interior.

I dont quite understand what you mean by "standard" trim, but since the introduction of model 3s, until today, the black interior comes with the wood dash inlay, and the white interior comes with the white dash inlay. I havent seen anything that says that has changed.
The black interior comes with brown wood trim. The white does not. Wanted to know if it's changed at all for 2023.

Agreed, would be nice to have the option of brown trim with white interior. Would look nice.