Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone have the 9-piece shade set (generic)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
why not consider getting all those windows tinted which would provide significantly better UV protection and heat rejection.
why not consider getting all those windows tinted which would provide significantly better UV protection and heat rejection.

that's an idea but i like the idea of selectively choosing when i want to do it. i've had tint that was just too dark, and i like the darkness of the factory tint just fine.

factory window tint/film unfortunately do not provide any protection.
good quality tint wont change the darkness that much when seeing from inside toward outside, or, you can consider tint that has 70% or more.
I in fact have my windows tinted darker because X does not have the cargo cover in preventing intruders from peeking items in my trunk.
understand you want the flexibility, another suggestion is to buy and test out those sheds and let us know how will it go, if they do not work for you, return in 30 days. :) (i just dont like the shade that can possibly fall off here and there, or not able to open/close windows whenever I want to)

Last edited:
factory window tint/film unfortunately do not provide any protection.
good quality tint wont change the darkness that much when seeing from inside toward outside, or, you can consider tint that has 70% or more.
I in fact have my windows tinted darker because X does not have the cargo cover in preventing intruders from peeking items in my trunk.
understand you want the flexibility, another suggestion is to buy and test out those sheds and let us know how will it go, if they do not work for you, return in 30 days. :) (i just dont like the shade that can possibly fall off here and there, or not able to open/close windows whenever I want to)

i had high quality llumar ceramic tint installed on my other luxury cars (within the past 3 years) that indeed changed the darkness from the inside, so i disagree.

i dont mind buying and returning except that altho they sell from amazon, it's coming direct from seller and from china and would just rather avoid the headache. If someone here has had used the product, I'd love to hear about it.

I ordered a generic set off amazon. The shades fit the windows, are flexible however the 3rd row small window shades seem to be manufactured too small and will fall out also the front side windows need to be removed when entering and exiting the vehicle. Seeing out of the rear window with the shade installed will be very dark at night. These keep the car cooler while driving under the hot sun but ultimately I ended up tinting all the windows and only use the front windshield shade from the set.

This is the one I bought
https://www.amazon.com/Premis-Magne...rds=tesla+model+x+shade&qid=1595628268&sr=8-5

• Informative
Reactions: njhtran
I ordered a generic set off amazon. The shades fit the windows, are flexible however the 3rd row small window shades seem to be manufactured too small and will fall out also the front side windows need to be removed when entering and exiting the vehicle. Seeing out of the rear window with the shade installed will be very dark at night. These keep the car cooler while driving under the hot sun but ultimately I ended up tinting all the windows and only use the front windshield shade from the set.

This is the one I bought
https://www.amazon.com/Premis-Magne...rds=tesla+model+x+shade&qid=1595628268&sr=8-5

same but my tiny windows fit ok

here are some pics i took of mine

Model X Tesla Window Shades!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: njhtran

This is the one I bought

Thank you! Very informative.