Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone own a Tesla in a non Tesla Country?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@frantona A Tesla Model S will need physical servicing. Are you considering importing one to Colombia? You will need to determine how you will service it. Also, many of its internet-connected features may not work unless you can set it up with alternative internet access.

Yes. I wish I could remember the name of the country or the thread. He transported the car and had to find a charging solution after the car arrived.

Latvia :) he couldn't wait for the EU car so he ordered one from US, brought it over and retrofitted some EU regulatory details to get ot certified. Has been driving it happily since then :) but he has already ordered an EU model as well.

I'm outside Tesla core region, but in Ranger area (though what that means and costs they're trying to figure out, managed to dumbfound the EU service manager with it as the 100 eur ranger fee includes 100 km and I asked if that's driven km because closest SC is a ferry ride away so actual driving would be just a few km).

Hi everyone! Thanks for your replies!

In fact yes! Im inlove with this car and I was thinking in the posibility to import it one day.... I think I wont have any trouble charging it at home, since we have the same energy standards as USA, but what worries me is the service.... I dont beleive theres anyone around here capable of servicing Tesla cars, thats why I was also asking about how much service has your cars needed since you bought it, just to make an idea of how difficult my live would be...

Im pretty sure Tesla doesnt have in her nearly plans to open any kind of branch or representatives here in South America, so Im also thinking in moving to a country that has it! LOL...

Dont know what to do, I dont want to end having a 80K car parked in the garage.

hmmm...