Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does HK Model S have Slacker Radio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a cool feature in US cars. Does it exist for Hong Kong? Are Tesla considering some kind of Spotify native app?

Btw, just ordered my 70D on the weekend and am super excited.

Only 2 music apps available in HK at the moment TuneIn radio and Rdio. I'm mostly using TuneIn to listen to overseas radio programs or switch to Spotify on my phone. On a side note, there seems to be a problem with displaying the track names from spotify. The screen only shows the name of the 1st track played then stays on that name while playing other songs.

Only 2 music apps available in HK at the moment TuneIn radio and Rdio. I'm mostly using TuneIn to listen to overseas radio programs or switch to Spotify on my phone. On a side note, there seems to be a problem with displaying the track names from spotify. The screen only shows the name of the 1st track played then stays on that name while playing other songs.

Does it mean that the radio for MS is not interactive (i.e., internet radio which has delay)?

Sorry, not sure what you mean by interactive but it's pretty much live radio from overseas. It will have some buffer delay but its not that long. You can try TuneIn for free on your phone

Sorry. I meant live local radio. I hate the way that I listen to the radio stations in HK using my iPhone, there is delay. The radio in my car is like a regular portable radio which has no delay at all. Is the radio for MS doing the same?

is anyone else having an issue with TuneIn in HK recently - the track names seem to have vanished until you click into an individual station. i used to be able to click into a genre and then see the list of radio stations, along with current playing track. that seems to have suddenly gone, and in its place is the name of the station and a short description of the type of music it offers. i hope this is a temporary issue only!