Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does not filling out leasing app delay vehicle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered at end of April, got a delivery estimate of May 22-June 15. Since slid to June 14-30.

We haven't filled out leasing credit app because the 60 day window seems precarious with slipping delivery dates.

Are we actually making it worse by not filling out the app?

So far, we have not gotten a VIN and also we get a periodic nag message about "completing financing details".

Any advice is appreciated. We can also sit and wait if that's the correct answer.

Unless something has drastically changed in Teslas order process recently, if you are sure of your credit qualifications for being approved to lease the vehicle, its better to put the order as "cash" payment to ensure nothing gets delayed.

When you get a vin, and they contact you to schedule you for a pickup, you reply to the text from the delivery center and say something like " Thanks for contacting me about delivery. I have decided that instead of paying cash, I would like to lease the vehicle. Can you please switch the MVPA to lease and send me the link to apply for the lease?"

You dont want to apply too early since you dont want to have to keep applying because it expires or something, so thats the way it used to be recommended to handle either leasing or outside financing.

Reactions: markrogo