Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the long range AWD supercharge faster than the standard range RWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The LR battery charges faster when empty. But the consumption is lower on the RWD.
US and China Models use the CATL LFP in the SR
The German made Y SR (sold here in the EU) has a BYD LFP battery which is a bit better. 176kW peak, longer and higher charge curve than the CATL. Plug it in at any SOC and get 176kW, thats really nice. Same travel time on long drives as the LR model. Plus no need any more to arrive at a SuC with 0% to get full charge rate.

If I were to look at 2020 and 2021 MY's did those include 250kw charging as well? Is there a way I can check?
Yes to 250 kW charging rate for all years of Long Range and Performance Model Y. If it matters to you, not all Model Y support DC Fast Charging without additional hardware. If you attempt to purchase the Tesla CCS Type 1 Combo Adapter from the Tesla online store you will receive the following message:

"The CCS Combo 1 Adapter is compatible with most Tesla vehicles, though some vehicles may require additional hardware. Sign in to the Tesla app, (go to the Service menu) to check your vehicle's compatibility and schedule a Service retrofit if needed.

If a retrofit is required, the service visit will include installation at your preferred Tesla Service Center and one CCS Combo 1 Adapter.
Note: For Model 3 and Model Y vehicles requiring a retrofit, please check back in mid-2023 for availability."