Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Sub Speaker Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my new Tesla Long Range AWD highland yesterday and noticed it was missing the speaker covers in the boot, that cover the two sub speakers.

Now when i test drove the RWD version, both of these were covered, although you only get one sub speaker.

Now, before getting in touch with Tesla, i was just wondering if this is standard on the LR model, no covers, and RWD get them both covered?

Last edited:
Took delivery of my new Tesla Long Range AWD highland yesterday and noticed it was missing the speaker covers in the boot, that cover the two sub speakers.

Now when i test drove the RWD version, both of these were covered, although you only get one sub speaker.

Now, before getting in touch with Tesla, i was just wondering if this is standard on the LR model, no covers, and RWD get them both covered?
RWD highland doesn’t get a sub, I think what you are seeing is just blanks covering the holes on RWD although service centre should confirm

2024-03-13_1.jpg

had a reply from the service centre, sent some pictures, they confirmed on the RWD they are covered as they only have one sub speaker, whereas on the LR there are two, and these supposed to be uncovered.

View attachment 1027370

had a reply from the service centre, sent some pictures, they confirmed on the RWD they are covered as they only have one sub speaker, whereas on the LR there are two, and these supposed to be uncovered.
Unpopular opinion with those that can see no wrong in Tesla, but I can't imagine many other brands leaving that all exposed in that way, even if it makes no difference from a thermal or noise reduction perspective. It just looks cheap and unfinished.

Even just a felt covering (leaving the speaker backs exposed as per above) would have been something.

Reactions: Big_Al and SiW80