Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the old Model S aero wheels fit an AP1 car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys.

Quick question does the old aero wheels fit my late 2015 AP1 Model S?

I think i've seen some post regarding the TPMS system not being the same, before AP1 came to the car. No i don't know how old these wheels are, but i assume they're pretty old since i haven't seen them before.

I'm buying them used, from a shop however and they have offered to just change the TPMS valves if they don't fit. BUT i've got like 3 hours of driving to the shop, so I would really like to be totally sure it's possible before I go.

Can you help me?

I've uploaded a picture of the wheels, so you know what i'm talking about. And if anyone knows what they are called, i'd like to know.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• aero wheels.PNG
    aero wheels.PNG
    855.6 KB · Views: 65
The wheels are the same 19x8 +40 size as the other 19" wheels on the S, so they will fit. It's not a matter of whether the TPMS sensors will "fit" rather, it's whether the new system picks them up. The aero wheels were pretty early, so even if the TPMS works, the sensors' batteries are getting close to the end of their usable life. I'd just buy new TPMS sensors for your 2015 car and have them installed.

• Helpful
Reactions: SSedan