Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does this seem normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't bug me too much but this is happening on my screen. I've had the car for about a week. Behind me was a large bus that wasn't moving and was directly behind me. I have had it happen with other vehicles as well. Just wondering if I need to schedule an appointment for it.

AFAIK that's normal unless it's happening with all vehicles behind you all the time, then you may need to have the rear sensors checked out. Once in a while, the internal algorithm can't render a car consistently with the input sensor data, which is understandable given today's technology, primitive technology I mean.

Reactions: SWIPE and Maxw72
It doesn't bug me too much but this is happening on my screen. I've had the car for about a week. Behind me was a large bus that wasn't moving and was directly behind me. I have had it happen with other vehicles as well. Just wondering if I need to schedule an appointment for it.

Normal. What the visualization sees is not everything the car sees. Its a lot better than it used to be, but the cars on the visualization used to spin around, etc etc.

The visualization is "for entertainment purposes only" so you dont need to put in a service request for it, nor should you depend 100% on what you see in it.

Reactions: Maxw72