Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC colder than usual.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had an issue/observance that the climate control is colder than usual? The heat works and the A/C works, but when I put it on 70 degrees, to me, it seems so much colder than 70 degrees. Normal, new, or broke, maybe I'm crazy.

I want to add, I just noticed under the climate setting in the car it says, 'climate keeper unavailable due to system fault.'
And I just had the front windshield tinted 2 days ago. So I'm wondering if there's some type of humidity build up behind the mirror.

Last edited:
You can use a stand alone thermometer to see what the temp is inside the car. I have a wireless one that I can place anywhere outside and it communicates with the unit in the house on the counter. It displays inside/outside temperatures.

Thank you for all your replies. I have service appointment tomorrow. There was a software update, but it didn't change anything. Plus, I went into the 'service' setting and ran a few tests, but everything came back 'passing.' There's a bunch of errors with something to do with the 'VCRIGHT' faulting. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Reactions: zoomer0056
headhz: I'd rather check the actual temp before I'd have anyone, Tesla or a legacy car, dig into the system.

Have you actually checked the inside temp when you think it's colder then usual? I don't think my body is capable of discerning minor differences in temp between 68-72f, depending on my physical activity prior to getting into the car.

I agree with zoomer0056. Get a cheap thermometer and check the temp at various times during the day. It might keep you from wasting your time at a Service Center.

headhz: I'd rather check the actual temp before I'd have anyone, Tesla or a legacy car, dig into the system.

Have you actually checked the inside temp when you think it's colder then usual? I don't think my body is capable of discerning minor differences in temp between 68-72f, depending on my physical activity prior to getting into the car.

I agree with zoomer0056. Get a cheap thermometer and check the temp at various times during the day. It might keep you from wasting your time at a Service Center.
LOL...I can. And last night, on the way home from work, it was 60 outside and I put the heat on 76. Still cold in the cabin. I can make it blow heat if I crank it. If the vehicle was out of warranty, I'd really dig into the 'rabbit-hole,' but it's a 5 week old with 800 miles. It's just better to have service look at it. I did try to go through the service mode and tinker a little, but I don't want to be that guy who bricked his car for being a nitwit. I do appreciate your help.