Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does this used tesla have FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm in the market for a used tesla in addition to our Model X. I'm a little confused how to clearly tell if FSD has been purchased for the car or not. In the following car for example it says "Autopilot Computer: Full self driving-computer" with Autopilot beneath it (image 17). And then on image 12 it just says Autopilot steer. Is this a car that has FSD but the option for beta has not been enabled? Or not? Where under the car's software does one need to look to be sure of this?

thanks!

This doesn’t look like it has the FSD Capability package purchased nor subscribed to (and therefore can’t have FSD beta either).

The FSD Computer is just whether it has the hardware required for the more advanced features (like FSD beta), or HW3 (hardware 3.0). Tesla was already installing HW3 by this model’s year.

The screen you want to see is the “Autopilot” section of the car settings menu (included in the pics), and the “Upgrades” section (for some reason not included in the pics).

Autosteer (basic Autopilot) has been included since this model year as well. It is still considered a beta feature for liability reasons.

FSD visualizations preview is what enables cones, trash cans, pylons, etc. in the left side car visualization on the display. This setting doesn’t affect the behavior/performance of the vehicle.

If this car had FSD Capability package purchased or subscribed to, I think it would show the option to enroll in FSD beta program on the Autopilot menu section.

Also curious (and you should ask), is the “Locks” section which only lists a key fob. Where the heck are the 2 keycards that should have been included with the car?