Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog Piss on Passenger Seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had to take the dog to the vet and never had a problem before but put on dog mode at a fast food joint on the way home. Ran in and came out to a pool of dog piss in the passenger seat. I immediately grabbed napkins and related to soak up what I could see. So now my car has a slight odor of piss AND the passenger seat thinks someone is sitting in the seat. 2021 only a few months old.... NOT happy. I just tore the lower part of the seat apart and there are no visible stains. It was also dry to the touch. I did run the seat heater all day yesterday and today during errands. I did fabreze soak the sh*t out of the vegan leather inside area and the foam seat. I have a fan blowing on the seat sensor and the other fabreze soaked items. I doubt this is going to work..... Are these parts the same as the model 3? I feel I should just replace the lower vegan leather(seat heater) and the foam. Curious if the seat sensor will start working again.....

Any thoughts on this? Been a bad week and not in the mood for this....... Big camping trip next weekend and we use camping mode!

LOL. Yeah, after disassembly of the seat it's next to impossible to get the sensor wet. I'm thinking the dog got under the seat and messed something up. Going to go underneath and trace the wires tomorrow. I found some Bissell dog/cat carpet cleaner I had with the active enzymes. Soaked the seat cushion and cover in a mix of that stuff. Drying now....crossing fingers this all goes back together properly and the stench is gone.